Term 1, 2023
YOU SPOKE, WE LISTENED
Thank you to all of our students who provided their feedback in our last student survey. Your feedback is extremely important to us and each term we do what we can to continuously improve our courses, campuses and resources.
This page is aimed to share our improvements and provide updates on our ‘You Spoke, We Listened’ campaign.
We have finalised our ALG Student Ambassador Team who will work closely with Student Experience and Marketing teams from Term 2 2023.
We are focusing on Student Engagement activities, Student Focus Groups, and key events that will bring all of our students together! We look forward to introducing the team to you very soon!
1. Improved Assessments for Certificate III in Individual Support and Certificate IV in Ageing Support
2. Condensed information and instructions making the assessments easier to understand and complete
3. Placed the tables, forms, and templates into the individual assessment, so students know exactly what needs to be filled out for each task
4. Ample resources and activities as part of 6 hours per-week online Structured Study Plan built on LMS – Canvas to effectively complete online component of self-paced study each week to assist students to revise the topic delivered in class and help complete summative assessments successfully.
COMMUNITY SERVICES, COUNSELLING & MENTAL HEALTH
1. Improved and compliant assessments with easy-to-complete templates and real-life scenarios for roleplays/simulations.
2. Improved work placement logbooks with provision of ‘Submission requirement checklist’ enabling students to complete the assessment successfully.
New and updated learning materials to ensure all learning concepts are clear and integrated by the end of term. Improved and expanded online structured study. New improved clinic logbook.
EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION AND CARE
1. Improved assessments by continuing to review language and adjusting templates for easier use. Provided additional templates for students to have choice of observational tools.
2. Looped structured study back into the classroom, to support student learning and re-enforce early childhood education and care concepts.
3. Creation of new lesson plans for trainers incorporating practical activities, ensuring consistency in the quality of teaching across all campuses.
1. Improved assessments with clear instructions, better layout and provision of forms/templates within the individual task to ensure students know what needs to be completed to fulfil task requirements.
2. Ample resources and activities as part of 6 hours per week online Structured Study Plan built on LMS – Canvas to effectively complete online component of self-paced study each week to assist students to revise the topic delivered in class and help complete summative assessments successfully.
Updates on learning materials and improved online structured study. Improved lesson plans and classroom activities, excursions and guest speakers to embed learning concepts.
STUDENT VOICE FACEBOOK GROUP
This Facebook group is for our students to join and will be managed by our Campus Student Voice Representatives.
It is an open and safe ‘private group’ where you can ask each other questions, share ideas, exchange study tips, or simply encourage each other along to successfully complete their respective courses. This group is a great way to share community news and events across all campus locations.