Student Ambassador Program
Our Australian Learning Group Student Ambassador Program provides current students with the opportunity to be the face of ALG. Our Student Ambassador is a champion for the ALG student community. Bringing your successful experience as an international student studying in Australia, you will participate and in some cases lead activities that help other students achieve the ALG promise of knowing ‘You’re in the right place’. You will also work closely with the ALG Marketing Team to develop content to promote to future students.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Maximum 1-year role as an Australian Learning Group Student Ambassador
- Provide prospective students insight into life at ALG and what they can expect once they become a student.
- Provide a line of communication between our students and staff.
- Participate in various student events and activities throughout the term, e.g. Orientation Day, National Awareness Days, Student Engagement Events, etc.
- Form part of the National Student Ambassador Committee to work closely with ALG staff in decision making for events and activities.
- Manage and grow our Student Voice Facebook Group.
- Participate in any promotional projects run by the Marketing Team.
WHO CAN BECOME A STUDENT AMBASSADOR?
Anyone who is a current student at Australian Learning Group can apply to become Student Ambassadors. The qualities and criteria we are looking for in a Student Ambassador are as below.
- Be a current student
- Be confident to speak in front of an audience/large group of people.
- Be comfortable in front of a camera.
- Have strong communication skills.
- Be proactive and engaging.
- Have good time management.
- Take initiative.
- Be enthusiastic, approachable, and friendly.
MEET OUR 2022 STUDENT AMBASSADOR
Being a student ambassador was a very rewarding experience. It gave me the opportunity to get in touch with other students and be that person they feel comfortable talking to, asking questions, and being able to advocate for them. Helping to improve the connection between students is something that I hope will continue to happen and hopefully, now that we are all face to face, it will be an amazing opportunity to make a very strong community within ALG.
This role gave me a lot of knowledge and helped me to develop more skills and improve my communication with others. I think for the next ambassador, it will be a very rewarding experience to be able to connect with the ALG community and have the opportunity to improve that communication between students regardless of which state they are in.
I’m very grateful to be the first ambassador at ALG and I’m so sure the next ambassador will have an amazing experience and will learn a lot throughout this role.
MEET OUR 2023 STUDENT AMBASSADORS
Hello everyone! My name is Millie and I am from the UK, I am currently studying my diploma in early childhood education and care with ALG, I am your student ambassador and I am based in Sydney campus. I have learnt so much about childcare but additionally, I have also made many friends and really enjoyed the social aspects of studying and feeling as though I’m part of a team.
I applied to be a student ambassador as I wanted to share the great experience I have had at ALG with others. I also want to help and guide others and offer any advice people may need during their time studying and also be a student voice to take on all feedback people may want to share. Please don’t hesitate to ask me any questions as I’m always happy to chat!
Hello everybody! My name is Lucia. I am one of the student Ambassadors of 2023. I’m originally from Colombia and am currently studying Diploma of Counselling since January of this year, my experience as a student has been so great.
My goal as a student ambassador is to help students overcome challenging situations as I know how hard is to be far away from home. My goal is to be a bridge between you and the institute. I can use my empathy to put myself in the student’s shoes in case they are experiencing a challenging moment. I am also happy to assist students with their feedback.
My advice to all of you is to enjoy as much as you can while also making your studies a priority and valuing this great opportunity for your future. Feel free to reach out to me with any enquiries you have, and for students in Melbourne, I hope to have a chat with you face-to-face soon.