Student Massage Clinic
Renew and relax with our student massage treatments
In accordance with guidelines issued by government health authorities and the Association of Massage Therapists, in the interests of the health, safety and wellbeing of students, the public and all of our ALG community, we have taken the decision to temporarily close our student massage clinics until further notice.
Over the years, our student clinic has helped soothe the aches and pains of many clients. As part of the clinical training, our student massage therapist will aim to understand the issues that you may have and provide you with the most suitable treatments based on their skill set.
Our student clinic is available in all 4 of our Australian College of Sport & Fitness Campuses, Australia wide.
Our student clinic is available on most Fridays (and Saturdays in Sydney!). Enjoy a 1-hour massage for just $30. This is easily one of the most affordable massage offers you will find.
After reading through our Terms & Conditions, click one of our locations below to book.
We cannot wait to see you there!
Before You Book
- Try to arrive 10-15 minutes before your treatment
- Check in with reception so they know you have arrived
- Your assigned student therapist will meet you in reception and take you through to the massage area
- Your student therapist will take a case history and discuss the treatment plan with you and then commence the massage
- Remember to take all your belongings with you after our treatment
- Massages are conducted by ALG students and the massages provided are dependent on the skill level of Student Massage Therapists.
- All massages will take place in an open classroom environment with up to 25 Student Massage Therapists massaging their clients in one room with females and males sharing the same classroom.
- Clients are not able to request for specific a Student Massage Therapist or between a female or male Student Massage Therapist.
- The stipulated massage booking is inclusive of the time required to take client case history, client changing for the massage and having the massage itself.
- Linen and mineral oil will be provided during the massage. Clients are advised to refrain from bringing their own oil in the interest of others and avoiding any potential allergies.
- Tiger balm and essential oils may be present in the Student Massage Clinic. Clients with any allergies are advised to inform the assigned Student Massage Therapist.
- Clients having any of the listed conditions, may not be able to receive a massage at ALG Student Massage Clinic: Colds & Flu, Fever, Infectious Diseases, Cancer, Pregnancy, Deep Vein Thrombosis / Embolism or after recent surgery. Written medical clearance may be required for various medical conditions prior to receiving a massage. This is not a complete list. For clients with a medical condition and are unsure about receiving a massage, ALG recommends the client to check with a medical doctor, prior to booking.
- Student Massage Clinic is restricted to clients who are 16 years old and above. Clients between 16 to 18 years of age MUST be accompanied by a parent/guardian to the Student Massage Clinic and the parent/guardian must be present to give consent for the client case history taking and discussion for a suitable type of massage.
- On very rare occasion and subject to Student Massage Therapists’ attendance, ALG reserves the right to cancel client bookings or offer other type of available massages.
- Clients are encouraged to arrive approximately 10 minutes prior to their scheduled massage booking. Arriving early will give client time for a toilet break and to relax before the massage. Unfortunately, if the client arrives late, the massage duration will be shortened to avoid any delay in providing massage to the next client.
- Student Massage Therapist will greet their allocated client at the reception area. Clients are advised to refrain from entering the classroom prior to the appointment time as other clients may be in the midst of having a massage.
- All clients are responsible for their personal belongings at all times whilst on ALG premises. ALG is not responsible for the loss of personal belongings under any circumstances.
- Student Massage Therapists are required to collect and record client’s personal and health information prior to the massage. This will take approximately 5 minutes out of the 1 hour session booked. The information collected will allow Student Massage Therapists to determine the suitable massage and to check for any reasons why they should not be massaging their allocated client.
- Private consultation areas are available upon request.
- Student Massage Clinic is conducted in an environment that is safe for Student Massage Therapists, Clinic Supervisors and clients alike. ALG reserves the right to terminate any massage when the client engages in any form of harassment or inappropriate behaviour, whether it be physical, sexual or verbal in nature. If the massage is terminated due to a client’s inappropriate behaviour, the client is still responsible for the full payment and will not be eligible for a refund. ALG also reserves the right to deny future massages to clients who engage in inappropriate behaviour.
- Clients are able to book for specific types of massages such as relaxation, remedial or specialised. The type of available specialised massages will rotate and dependent on the current subjects undertaking by the Student Massage Therapists.
- Each booking session is 1 hour. For clients who wish to have 2 hours of massage, are required to book 2 separate and consecutive bookings. Please note that clients will be asked to return to the reception area after the completion of the first 1 hour massage session and to be allocated the next Student Massage Therapist for the second booked session.