MULTIPLE QUALIFICATIONS ACHIEVED
SIS30321 – Certificate III in Fitness
SIS40221 – Certificate IV in Fitness
SIS50115 – Diploma of Sport and Recreation Management
PRACTICAL GYM SESSIONS
Learn in some of Australia’s biggest and best gyms in our practical classes
EXTENDED STUDY DURATION
156 weeks (Full-time training and assessment)
12 Terms x 10 weeks
Nationally Recognised Courses
The program consists of three qualifications that are nationally recognised across Australia
After completing the Sport & Fitness Manager program with ALG, you will be well qualified for wide range of careers in the industry
Advanced Personal Trainer
Fitness Services Coordinator
Personal Training Manager
Centre Fitness Manager
Group Exercise Instructor
SPORT & FITNESS MANAGER PROGRAM
The Sport & Fitness Manager program is ideal for students who are keen on developing the skills and knowledge required to work in the sport and recreation industry in a management or organisational capacity. This program provides thorough technical development of skills as a fitness instructor, personal trainer and gym manager.
Certificate III in Fitness
National Course Code | SIS30321
CRICOS Course Code | 089271G
The Certificate III in Fitness is your first step into the fitness industry. This national qualification allows you to be a ‘fitness instructor’. You will learn to assess, train and supervise clients in fitness centres and gyms.
CERTIFICATE IV IN FITNESS
National Course Code | SIS40221
CRICOS Course Code | 089272G
Learn the knowledge and skills to become the personal trainer you have always wanted to be. Whether you want to train outdoors, in a commercial gym, or in a private studio, you will become a highly competent trainer after completing this course. You will have the opportunity to explore different modalities such as weights training, functional training, mobility and preventative exercise.
DIPLOMA OF SPORT AND RECREATION MANAGEMENT
National Course Code | SIS50115
CRICOS Course Code | 090570J
The Diploma of Sport & Recreation Management is for students who want to gain management skills whilst further enhancing their expertise in the fitness industry.
Click here to download our current price list
The modules completed during this program are:
- Client Screening and Nutrition Advice
- Exercise Delivery and Instruction
- Maximise Workplace Priorities
- Business Best Practice and Risk Management
- Constructing A Detailed Needs Analysis
- Develop And Instruct Programs To Varied Personnel
- Advanced Applications For The Personal Trainer
- Present, Critique, Succeed
- Marketing the Sport and Recreation Organisation
- Business Planning and Operations
- Legislation and Compliance
- Human Resources Management
- Accounting and Financial Management
- Advanced Personal Training Techniques
- Health Promotion
- Injury Prevention Management
For more information, please see the individual course information pages above.
UNITS OF COMPETENCY
The learner group for this qualification is people wishing to gain multiple qualifications and obtain a management-level position within the fitness industry.
This is an entry-level program and no previous fitness skills or experience are necessary.
Entrants must have:
- Successfully completed the Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) online test. For more details on how to complete the online test, please refer to 8.Appendix_Language, Literacy, and Numeracy (LLN) Requirements Factsheet.The purpose of the LLN online test is to ensure that you have the LLN skills needed to undertake your course. It will also show how we can assist you in any areas where you may need help while studying with us.
- Sufficient level of English proficiency in order to interact with and document client interactions, interpret documents, learner guides and assessment tools, prepare written reports and plans. For more information, please view our English Requirements Factsheet.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills in order to establish and manage professional networks and client relationships with clients of various ages and backgrounds.
Academic Entry Requirements:
- Year 10 or equivalent and above
The learners’ physical attributes may influence their ability to complete the training and assessment. Assessment and training requires students to be physically capable of performing a range of fitness activities and to use a range of gym equipment. Manual handling is also required.
Students need to be able to relate to clients of differing ages and backgrounds, have a keen interest to assist clients to reach their exercise goals, have good problem solving skills, sound literacy and numeracy skills, be enthusiastic, tactful, patient and have a sense of humour.
The course is aimed at students 18 years of age and over.
Click here to download the Timetable for this program.