ALG expects all students to maintain 100% attendance and acknowledge that their absence from class or lessons should only occur in cases of illness or other exceptional personal circumstances. Late arrivals and early departures are disruptive and affect the learning environment for all students. For this reason, ALG enforces the following rules regarding attendance:
CLASS ARRIVAL – All student must take notice of class start times and be punctual.
LATE CLASS ARRIVAL – If students arrive more than 15 minutes late, the time of arrival will be recorded.
EARLY DEPARTURE – If students leave before a trainer officially dismisses the class, the time of departure will be recorded.
Some modules have special conditions for classroom attendance. For the First Aid and Massage Student Clinic, 100 per cent attendance is required. If a student arrives late, returns from a break late or leaves early, no matter how many minutes late or early, he or she will be recorded as absent for that lesson or clinic.
GYM AND YOGA/DANCE STUDIO ETIQUETTE
During your practical classes at the gym/yoga studio/dance studio, it is necessary to abide by generally acceptable etiquette. The etiquette is based on courtesy and safety which means keeping you and other members safe, creating a friendly and respectful atmosphere and helping you to get the most out of your practical classes. We would appreciate if you take the time to read through the following etiquette:
1. Always bring your photo ID/student ID, water bottle and a towel while attending practical classes You might be not allowed to enter the gym/studio without the photo ID/student ID nor a towel.
2. Do not attend the practical classes if you are feeling unwell.
3. Practice social distancing at all times.
4. Bring your yoga mat, block and strap to each Yoga practical class.
5. Use your towel to wipe down equipment once you have finished with it. It is neither courteous nor sanitary to leave sweat on machines or benches.
6. Only water is allowed on the gym floor – no food or drinks.
7. Ask your Trainer and Assessor if you are not sure how to use a particular piece of equipment in the gym/studio.
8. Leave your mobile phone in your bag and lock your bag away in the secure room/locker. It is inappropriate to use electronic devices during class time for anything other than educational purposes, including, but not limited to, accessing social media, entertainment, and making or receiving of phone calls and texts.
9. Wear appropriate gym/yoga/dance attire. If you are unsure of what is appropriate, it is best to talk to your Trainer and Assessor.
10. Remember to conduct yourself appropriately (i.e. no swearing, no sleeping on the gym/studio floor, etc).