END OF TERM SURVEY!
If you have not received and completed it already, please look out for the end-of-term survey which has been sent to all students via email.
If students do not tell us what they liked/what they did not like about the term, then we will not know what to keep doing, what to improve, or what to not do again so we really value the input of our students.
Please let us know what you liked or what you would like to see in upcoming terms, we would love to hear your ideas!
STUDENT JOB GUIDE
Writing a Resume
Resume writing is a skill that often needs constant tweaking and mastering.
Especially being new to the industry, you can greatly improve your chances of obtaining an interview if you have a strong, professionally produced resume to show your skills and experience!
The following resources will help you generate ideas and inspiration to create and constantly develop your resume:
Indeed Career Advice – The new guide to job search and preparation
Writing your Resume – A comprehensive guide, starting from scratch, to develop your first resume!
10 Steps to a Successful CV – Tips and tricks to help you develop your own personal resume.
Interview and Preparation Tips
For some, the interview stage can be quite a daunting process. Be sure you are prepared and ready to impress and wow your future employer.
Below are some awesome resources to help you prepare for the big day, with advice from industry experts and business owners.
11 things you should do in the 15 minutes before a job interview – A look into the 11 things experts suggest to help prepare
Job Interview Tips – How to make a great first impression!
10 interview preparation tips you’ve not heard of before – 10 seemingly unconventional, but undoubtedly useful tips to crush your first interview.
How to nail the ‘Tell me about yourself” question in your next interview – Forbes’ guide to balancing the right amount of detail in your personal answers
A Career in Training and Assessment
Considering what might be a prerequisite for a role before even finding the right role will put you one step ahead of other candidates.
A link to further information can be found here.
Training and Assessment
Many of you will be great candidates for Training and Assessment roles once you gain just 5 years experience in industry after you graduate. For this you would need to relevant qualification plus the Certificate.
Right to Work
Consider your working rights (tied to visa type) before applying for roles as this will impact the roles you can apply for and save you time applying for the wrong roles.
May employers have moved form the tradition skill based interview to a behavioural approach. More than ever companies are looking for candidates who align with their company culture and values, but above all, have strong behaviours.
This is why we focus on ensuring you get the most hands – on experience possible however entry level jobs in the industry will also help, ie getting an admin role in a gym whilst studying.
The qualification you gain here at ALG is the key to unlock your dream job in your industry.
EVENTS IN BRISBANE
Indigenous Art Program – Walking Tours – NAIDOC Week
Join curators of the Indigenous Art Program to learn about artworks around Brisbane city. The tour will visit various sites located through the CBD across the hour and a half.
End of Term Lunch
We said goodbye to Term 2 at Brisbane campus with a delicious little lunch for students!!
They enjoyed lunch provided by the college, listened to some music and had the chance to mingle with their classmates.
PERTH COVID UPDATE
Circuit Breaker Lockdown for Perth & Peel
Perth and Peel will enter a minimum 4-day lockdown from 12.01am, Tuesday 29 June 2021 until 12.01am, Saturday 3 July, 2021.
You are required to stay home unless you need to:
- work because it’s not possible to work from home. Refer to the list of essential workers
- shop for essentials like groceries, medicine and necessary supplies, including click and collect, within 5km from your home or closest practicable location
- attend to medical or health care needs including emergencies, compassionate requirements and looking after the vulnerable;
- exercise with a maximum of two adults from the same household (children under 18 years are not counted), limited to one hour per day within a 5km radius from home, and masks must be worn, except for vigorous exercise.
- receive a COVID-19 vaccine, or
- leave due to an emergency (e.g. emergencies, fleeing domestic violence).
- Masks are mandatory:
- outdoor public areas (except for vigorous exercise)
- and on public transport.
- Mask-wearing mandatory except for primary school students and those who are exempt.
- Anyone who has travelled outside of the Perth and Peel regions since Sunday, 27 June must continue to wear face masks in public, as per the existing directions.
Our Winter Warmer Lunch & Events
We just want to say a very big thank you to everyone who huddled up and enjoyed a warm bowl of soup in Week 9!
It was a big success and it was so nice to see everyone having a bit of a mingle and hang out with their fellow students.
Please let us know if you would like us to do something similar as we want to keep doing little things for you all!
Winter Lights Festival
For our fitness students, but anyone can appreciate the sporting themed event! For 10 nights you can look forward to thought-provoking light sculptures and displays! Free entry and live performances in celebration of Australian sports.
When: July 15th to July 21st, 2021
Time: 6pm to 11pm
Where: Brookfield Place (125 St Georges Terrace, Perth WA 6000)
See more info here!
EVENTS IN MELBOURNE
The very much-loved Frozen film is now featured at Her Majesty’s Theatre featuring all the main characters including Elsa, Anna, Olaf, Hans, and more. So hurry up, grab a friend and book your tickets to not miss out on a step into Arendelle.
Where: Her Majesty’s Theatre- 219 Exhibition St, Melbourne 3000
When: 9 June- 3 October 2021
Explore 40 city laneways that are being transformed with stories, visuals, and acoustic designs as part of the Flash Forward project. Check their website to see the locations of the amazing project!
Where: Various laneways around Melbourne city (3000)
When: now – 31 July 2021
SYDNEY COVID UPDATE
Sydney Lockdown – Rules and Restrictions
From 6pm on Saturday 26 June 2021, if you have been in Greater Sydney, including the Blue Mountains, Central Coast, Wollongong and Shellharbour for any reason since Monday 21 June 2021, you must follow the stay at home rules and must continue to follow them for 14 days after you were last in Greater Sydney.
Our Sydney Campus will be closed for two weeks during this lockdown period but you can still contact our Student Experience team via email.
If you live in, usually work in, or usually attend a university or other tertiary education facility in Greater Sydney you must also follow the stay at home rules, unless you have not been in Greater Sydney for the last 14 days.
A reasonable excuse is if you need to
- obtain food or other goods and services
- for the personal needs of the household or for other household purposes (including pets)
- for vulnerable people
- if the food or goods and services are not available in the local government area that you live in
- travel for work or education if it is not possible to do it at home
- exercise and take outdoor recreation in Greater Sydney
- go out for medical or caring reasons, including obtaining a COVID-19 vaccination
- donate blood
- access childcare
- continue existing arrangements for access to, and contact between, parents and children
- attend a wedding or funeral
- provide care or assistance (including personal care) to a vulnerable person or to provide emergency assistance
- access social services, employment services, services provided to victims (including as victims of crime), domestic violence services, and mental health services
- move to a new place of residence, or between your different places of residence
- undertake legal obligations
- avoid injury or illness or to escape the risk of harm
- in case of emergencies
- for compassionate reasons, including where two people are in a relationship but do not necessarily live together
- to provide pastoral care if you are a priest, minister of religion or member of a religious order.
Taking a holiday is not a reasonable excuse.
Extend Your Studies and Save!
If you have just finished your final term of studies with ALG in Term 2 2021 and decide to continue your studies with a new course at ALG, students can receive a $200 discount per term for the entire duration of the course you extend into.
Use the ‘Extend Your Studies’ form on our website or click below and use the code STICKAROUNDT321 by Thursday, July 8th, 2021
STUDENT HANDBOOK UPDATES
We would just like to remind students at this time to please check the student handbook for any updated policies, to make sure that you are up to date on all procedures within the college.
The handbook is updated and improved frequently so please be sure to stay updated when it comes to ALG policy and procedures while you are studying with us.
WORK PLACEMENT LOGBOOKS
For students going into Work Placement for Term 3, 2021, if you have not yet received your logbook and/or shirts for the term, your logbooks are available from your trainer or campus reception.
If you have any questions about your work placement, please feel free to contact our Work Placement team at firstname.lastname@example.org, and please remember to upload all relevant documents to Canvas before you are due to start your placement.
TERM 2 2021, CHILL OUT ZONE
In Week 9, our students enjoyed a Chill Out Zone to come together, mingle and destress before their assessment week. Perth & Brisbane enjoyed a warm lunchtime meal and games, and Sydney & Melbourne enjoyed dinner and a movie.
FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM
RTO 91165 CRICOS 03071E
ℹ️ ALG is an RTO providing education in the health and wellbeing fields of study.
📍SYD, MEL & BNE
This is Daniel from the UK. Daniel is completing our Certificate III in Fitness [SIS30315] and Certificate IV in Fitness [SIS40215] in hopes of becoming a personal trainer.
Daniel was a dancer back home and has the opportunity to tour with Dirty Dancing the musical and is in a Red Hot Chilli Peppers cover band.
Daniel is currently working as an F45 instructor. He loves the social aspect of his job and loves to help people improve their fitness and lifestyle every day. For Daniel, the best part about studying with ALG are the people.
In 2020, during lockdown, Daniel combined his passion for singing and fitness and became @the_singing_pt
– Daniel Ablitt
Acknowledgement of Country
Australian Learning Group acknowledges Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people as the traditional custodians of the land in which we meet.
We pay our respects to the Elders of the past, present and future.