Our fitness programs we are ideal for any student with a strong interest in their own health and fitness or who likes sport in general.
You will learn a great deal at our fun and dynamic classes. The College offers “hands-on” lessons and training sessions held at local gyms and outdoor parks. To undertake practical training, students are offered gym entry, as well.
The College offers the following available courses in Fitness:
Certificate III in Fitness
The Certificate III in Fitness is your first step into the fitness industry. This national qualification allows you to be a ‘fitness instructor’. You will learn to assess, train and supervise clients in fitness centres and gyms.
The Certificate III in Fitness course will prepare you to:
- Fitness screen and assess new clients
- Monitor a client’s fitness level and development
- Provide fitness training to a single client or group of clients in a supervised and low risk setting
- Provide advice on exercise and exercise equipment
- Perform Administration duties of the fitness centre or gym
- Deliver first aid
The Certificate III in Fitness instruction can be taken without prior qualifications.
You should however have a reasonable level of fitness as well as required English proficiency. Experience of free weights and resistance machines are recommended, but not essential.
- Fitness Instructor
- Gym Instructor
- Group Exercise Instructor
Certificate IV in Fitness
If you want to be a Personal Trainer, you will need to undertake The Certificate IV in Fitness. This national qualification allows you to train and develop your own clients in an unsupervised setting,
The Certificate IV in Fitness qualification prepares you to:
The Certificate IV in Fitness instruction can be taken after (or in conjunction with training) of the Certificate III in Fitness.
You should however have a reasonable level of fitness as well as reading, writing and numeracy skills.
Experience of free weights and resistance machines are recommended, but not essential.
- Plan exercise programs for your clients
- Apply your knowledge of exercise science principles
- Undertake client postural appraisals and other fitness tests
- Undertake functional range of movement and muscle testing
- Develop a broad variety of exercise programs
- Run a small business
This qualification equips you to be a Personal Trainer.
It provides you with the skills and knowledge to train individual clients on a one-on-one basis. Unlike the Certificate III in Fitness, the Certificate IV in Fitness allows you to operate in unsupervised environments. Your clients can also include older adults and children.
Persons with this level of qualification will have the ability to plan, conduct and evaluate exercise training. They will also be able to provide leadership and guidance to clients and other staff and manage business activities.
ALL courses at the College can be combined to create longer program durations.
For more information about our Fitness Courses, please download our Course Brochure.
For details of fitness courses units of competency, please click here.
Can’t Make the Classroom?
Our Home Study courses allow you to achieve your fitness and sport management qualifications in your own time and without the pressure of a forced timetable. The courses available for home study include:
- Certificate III in Fitness
- Certificate IV in Fitness
- Diploma of Fitness
- Certificate IV in Massage Therapy
- Diploma of Sport & Recreation Management
- Certificate III in Assistant Dance Teaching
These courses are extremely popular with students who need to choose their own pace of study. They give you the flexibility to accommodate your other commitments or to achieve your qualifications faster, if required.
You will enjoy a course that combines easy-to-follow course notes as well as hands-on practical tasks and assignments.
Each Home Study course also includes your very own personal tutor who will assist you through the program.
Another key element of the course is the “hands-on” experience which you will obtain from the practical placement task. This gives you invaluable industry experience and contacts, which will often lead to your first job offer!
How to complete your Home Study course
Each qualification is designed around learning modules. These are completed at home and submitted into the College for marking by your designated tutor.
Home Study Help
The College offers some great help options to support your Home Study. For an additional fee, students can arrange the following:
- Classroom Drop-in: This is where the student can drop into individual classroom lessons, and be taught face-to-face on topics of their choice. Download the Classroom drop-in timetable HERE
- Private Mentoring: With tutors located Australia-wide, students can gain additional one on one, face-to-face coaching
Why Home Study?
- 100% flexible and self-paced
- Start any time
- Includes practical training & learning
- Includes industry experienced full tutor support
Your learning pack will include:
- Module booklets
- Course guide
- Tutor support
- Access 24/7 to our Online Learning Centre*
- Practical log book**
- CD’s with additional learning resources and templates*
*Laptop not included