Welcome to the Australian College of Dance!
If you’re passionate about dance and you love teaching other people, then a career as a dance teacher could be perfect for you.
The College offers CRICOS accredited courses, which gives international students the opportunity to pursue their goals and enjoy everything Australia has to offer.
Dance Teaching Courses for International Students
*coming soon – for starting terms please refer to the course fees
Certificate III in Assistant Dance Teaching
Dance teaching involves instructing students in dance performance, composition, safety in dance and dance appreciation. You will also be promoting physical fitness, emotional wellbeing and their creativity through dance. Topics include:
- Dance Teaching & Analysis
- Safe Dance Practices
- Nutrition for Dance
- Dance Rehearsals
- Dance Performance
- Human Anatomy & Physiology
There are no prerequisites or mandatory entry requirements for this course. However it is recommended that prospective students have:
- good communication and interpersonal skills in order to lead and motivate dance students of various ages and abilities.
- sufficient level of language, literacy and numeracy levels in order to interpret documents, learner guides and assessment tools, prepare written reports and plans.
Certificate IV in Dance Teaching and Management
If you are an experienced dancer and have a passion for teaching, this qualification is the perfect way to achieve your goals.
In addition to Dance Teaching specific topics, the course also covers important areas like nutrition and anatomy as well as the management of small businesses.
Graduates of this course will be able to work as unsupervised dance teachers as well as supervise others.
- Dance Teaching
- Assist with Live Productions
- Dance Assessment
- Business Management
- Use of Copyright Material
- Advanced Human Anatomy
There are no prerequisites for this course.
However it is recommended that prospective students have:
- Significant personal experience in dance and an understanding of dance techniques
- Good communication and interpersonal skills in order to lead and motivate dance students of various ages and abilities.
- Sufficient level of language, literacy and numeracy levels in order to interpret documents, learner guides and assessment tools, prepare written reports and plans.
- Good technology skills in order to conduct the online components of the course(home study program only).
Students who wish to enter the Certificate IV without completing the Certificate III in Assistant Dance Teaching are required to submit the following :
- An essay for basic dance analysis of one dance, music video or performance piece chosen by prospective student.
- An audition video to demonstrate skills and knowledge in an appropriate dance teaching style.
- A current first aid certificate.