ALG has written agreements with each education agent it engages to recruit students on its behalf.
A student may still choose to apply using an agent not registered with ALG and ALG will accept this application.
Australian Learning Group (ALG) take all reasonable measures to use education agents that have an appropriate knowledge and understanding of the Australian international education industry and comply with the Australian International Education and Training Agent Code of Ethics.
Whilst initial screening is done with a new partner, it is important in a long term partner relationship to continue monitoring and maintaining the initial standards that have been established.
ALG also take an approach to reduce the risk to students by limiting the number of services a third party agent can do or provide a student on ALG behalf.
Range of Services from Partners
ALG use education agents to promote our courses to potential students. This will involve providing pre-enrolment information and assisting a student complete an application.
However, only ALG will be responsible for issuing a complete Letter of Offer to a prospective student that will outline and allow access to complete pre-enrolment information that will negate any risk for misinformation to the student prior to enrolment. i.e. agents are not relied upon as the sole source of pre-enrolment information.
How Partners can expect to be monitored
ALG monitors the activities of its education agents and takes action, including terminating the agreement, when the education agent does not fulfil its responsibilities.
The procedures ALG use to monitor agents on an ongoing basis include:
- Comprehensive Application form.
- Reference checks of agents prior to entering the partnership relationship.
- Monitoring and soliciting student feedback on agent performance via different methods – ad hoc complaints, surveys.
- Acting on and investigating standard student grievances where the cause of the grievance could stem from an agent i.e. misrepresentation of a course.
- Acting on and investigating alerts from Government departments about agent behaviour.
- Holding investigation meetings with agents if required.
- All ALG staff generally observing general business practice and acumen of agents in our dealings with them i.e. conduct during admissions.
ALG will take immediate corrective and preventative action upon the registered provider becoming aware of an education agent being negligent, careless or incompetent or being engaged in false, misleading or unethical advertising and recruitment practices, including practices that could harm the integrity of Australian education and training.
Maintaining details on PRISMS
ALG is responsible for entering and maintaining details on PRISMS of currently contracted education agents.